Category: New Media
Online Intern, Editorial
Current TV, LLC.Category: New Media
Location: San Francisco
Duration of Position: Fall Semester
Current Media is the fastest growing cable network in history. Our Emmy-award-winning team delivers in-depth exploration of the world's most important and entertaining stories to an engaged and interactive audience on-air and online. We are committed to providing our influential adult audience relevant content with the most integrated and immersive multi-platform experience possible.
Current Media has smart, dedicated teams in New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco and is now viewed in more than 70 million homes worldwide.
Assist in the creation and maintenance of the Current.com homepage imagery and copy
Monitor Current.com newsfeeds and video assets (including tagging and grouping) in order to maximize Search Engine Optimization
Think strategically and brainstorm with the team about online trends and how to best apply them to original content produced for Current.com
Contribute original online content as needed, including blogging, Storify posts and image galleries
Perform some administrative tasks in support of the team, as necessary
Assist with creation and execution of social media content
Attend all Digital Content team meetings. Your contribution and ideas are encouraged!
- Current enrollment in an accredited college/university and able to earn school credit for your internship at Current
- Must be able to devote 20-40 hours per week
- Basic Adobe Photoshop skills (at minimum, an ability to export media, select and groom images)
- Strong knowledge of online content, social media trends and best practices in the digital space is a big plus
- Experience producing content for web, including blogging and headline writing
- Experience shooting and editing video for the web,
- Excellent writing skills, including experience with blog posts and headlines
- Extremely strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and prioritize multiple work streams
- Passion for political news commentary and documentary journalism a plus
How To Apply:
If you’re looking for a rewarding opportunity and a great work environment, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the position you’re applying for in the subject line. Please tell us where you saw this position and the semester you are applying for. All internships are unpaid.
Deadline To Apply: Sept. 1, 2012
Web site: http://current.com/
Phone: (415) 995-8200
Posted: 07/23/2012 - 11:44 a.m.
Modified: 07/23/2012 - 07:12 p.m.
Posting a Job or Internship:
If you have a job or internship posting you want included in the J-JOBS database, please use the Job Submission Form. There is no charge.
We try to post jobs and internships as they come in, but in some cases we post them once a week on Sunday evening or Monday morning. Job postings are removed after about 30 days. Internship postings are generally considered permanent (we'll try and re-verify them every year). Some positions listed may already be filled.
No attempt has been made to verify any of the information in any of the job postings. J-JOBS is a free service to the journalism community by the Graduate School of Journalism at the University of California at Berkeley.
To request corrections to the J-Jobs database, contact Jobs Coordinator.